Homemade Bath Salt Ornaments w/ Essential Oil

December 19, 2018 The Provident Princess 0 Comments


Ah, I have had these sitting around for weeks and just haven't gotten around to putting them together. When I made my lavender bath salts over the summer, I knew I wanted to make it for friend Christmas gifts this year too. There is just something so special about a handmade gift and these come together so easy.

I found these super cute plastic ornaments at the Dollar Tree and thought they would be the perfect container to use for Christmas.

I changed up the recipe and used different oils. I actually used one called Serentiy. Which is a blend that includes lavender, cedarwood, ylang ylang and vanilla. Basically just heaven in a jar. Every scent that is the ultimate in relaxation and make you feel totally pampered. In fact, I think that is what I am going to put on the tags. Sleep in Heavenly Peace. Or Soak up the Season. Which do you prefer?


I had some dried rose petals I saved from over the summer along with my dried lavender. Don't they looked beautiful mixed within all the salt. And we know rose is great for the skin since it is used in almost every skincare line in the world.


I just used a big, glass jar to mix everything together in, but if you were going to make them in bulk then I think using a Bosch or Kitchen Aid mixer would work amazing.

Ingredients_______________________________________________________________________

  • 1 3/4 cup Epsom Salt
  • 1 Tbls Carrier Oil- I like coconut oil, but you can use olive oil 
  • 10 drops of Serenity Essential Oil- (I only use Doterra Oil, they have such quality ingredients and rigorous testing to make sure their oils live up to their high standards. You can find out more here). 
  • 1 Tbls of Fresh Lavender Flowers and Rose Petals - if you don't have these it is fine, they just make the salts look pretty and show what its made of. Kind of like how you garnish a plate with things that are in a dish so you know what's in it. 

Directions________________________________________________________________________
  • Pour the Epsom Salt into a mixing bowl (glass or stainless steel- wood will absorb the oils)
  • Pour the Serenity Essential Oil drop by drop into the carrier oil and mix together with a spoon. 
  • Pour the combined oil over the salt and stir until it is equally distributed and the salt looks like wet sand. 
  • Stir in the lavender flowers and crushed rose petals through out.
  • Transfer into ornament whatever storage container you would like. (I don't mind using plastic here since they will probably be used pretty quickly and you don't have the chance of it shattering by being dropped in the bathroom.)

I know you are just going to die when you smell these.





You Might Also Like

0 comments: