Cooking From Your Garden - Lowfat Version of Peaches n Cream

August 18, 2011 The Provident Princess 0 Comments


I never thought the day would come when I would be getting cooking tips from my little sister. But she can grill kebabs to perfection and she is the one who came up with this little gem I am going to share with you today.

One of the things I love most about summer is the abundance of delicious fruit.

Strawberries and peaches are my favorite and there is nothing I love more than Peaches and Cream.

However, like most yummy desserts, this one is usually full of sugar and fat.

Then, enter my little sister.

I was over at my parents house while she was there with a friend. She was chopping up strawberries in such a way  I knew it could only be intended for one thing. Strawberries and Cream.

So of course I offered my services to eat any she may have left over. But then she told me she was making a low-fat alternative to strawberries and cream. And adding yogurt to them.

"Eeww no thanks" I said feeling like she was about to ruin one of my comfort food staples.

But then my curiosity got the better of me and I tried a bite.

 Divine! It was so good.

So of course I had to come home and share it with you.

Here is my low-fat version of Peaches n Cream


Chop up a peach. You don't want the pieces too big. Cut them small enough to have 2-3 in one spoonful. That way they will be covered all over better with the 'cream sauce'.

Spoon 1-2 Tbls per peach of vanilla yogurt into a bowl. This is what makes it creamy and sweet. Don't use unflavored yogurt. You would just have to add sweetener anyway to make it taste good.

Pour about 1/4 cup of milk per peach into the same bowl. Stir to combine. 


Add in your peaches, give 'em a good stir to coat and dig in!

Thanks to my sister for coming up with this idea! I thought it was too good not to share. She also uses it for blueberries and raspberries. So give it a try with your favorite type of fruit.

Let me know what you think.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: