Essential Oil Series: How to Dilute Essential Oils

December 11, 2018 The Provident Princess 0 Comments


We love our essential oils in our house and use them frequently and consistently to support our family's health. Because they are so potent and effective, when it comes to essential oils, less is definitely more. I remember wishing I had a dilution recipe when I first got my oils almost 10 years ago. I remember being worried about not knowing how to use them 'right'.  I knew they are suppose to be diluted but I didn't have a great method for figuring that out.

Luckily for you, I have this handy oil dilution reference chart. Now you can easily see how many drops of oil you should add to various bottle sizes before filling the rest of the way with a carrier oil. Remember, my favorite carrier oil is Fractionated Coconut Oil because it stays liquid at room temperature and it doesn't leave a greasy feel. Any good, pure vegetable oil will do however: jojoba, almond, olive, extra virgin coconut, avocado, etc.

As you can see, babies and kids really don't need a lot of oils for them to work effectively. Even for adults' everyday use we shouldn't be using that much. It is only when we need to address a targeted area or concern do we ever up the amount we put on; and then it is only temporarily until the issue is resolved.

Essential oils are great and we can use them in so many ways to support our health. I hope this chart makes you feel a little more comfortable and confident to start using your oils. If you want to get oil blends pre-diluted for babies and children, Doterra just released an awesome Kid Collection with safe and gentle oils made just for the precious little bodies in our care. You can check it out here. We've been absolutely loving them at our house. My little guy will walk over to me and life up foot and ask for me to put some oils on.

If you want some roller ball bottles to blend your oils on you can add some onto your DoTerra order if you already have an account or get some off amazon here.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. And check out the rest of the Essential Oil Series.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: